- PI: Françoise HELMBACHER, PhD
I am group leader at IBDM since 2005, with a CNRS Researcher position (CR1/CRCN). The team has been supported by several competitive grants, including: ANR, FRM Equipe, AFM, the Australian FSHD global organization and the FSH society.
Prior to my appointment at CNRS/IBDM, I was a Post-doctoral fellow at the Max-Plank Institute of Neurobiology, in Munich (Germany), in the lab of Dr. Rüdiger Klein (2000-2004). Before this, I completed a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology in 1999 at the Pierre and Marie Curie University (UPMC, Paris 6), conducting research work in the Lab of Patrick Charnay at IBENS (1995-1999).
Publication list :
Scopus Author ID: 6506307667 | orcid.org/0000-0001-6822-1246 |Google scholar profile |
Find me on social media: MastodonTwitter
- Dominique FRAGANO, Lab Technician
I have been trained and worked as veterinary lab assistant. I joined the IBDM in 2004 to work in the mouse facility, and became head of the platform. I joined the Helmbacher lab as technician in 2015.
- Salomé PATRY, Master Student
10/2022: Welcome to Salomé Patry, who’s currently doing a 3 months internship in the lab. After obtaining her Master 1 diploma in integrative Biology and Physiology at Aix Marseille University, Salomé chose to take a gap year break before her Master 2 to explore options and multiply experiences in research laboratories and with volunteer humanitarian internships abroad, starting with us.
JOIN Us !
You would like to join our team ?
As you can see, we are currently a very small team. But we are always interested in welcoming enthusiastic young scientists in our group, at any stage of your career (undergrads, PhD, post-doc, researcher), whether or not we have specific positions to offer. More information.
- Pierre-Antoine Ferracci, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 2, 2018-2019)
- Matteo Saas, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 1, 2016, Master 2, 2016-2017)
- Aaron McMahon, Oxford University (Summer internship 2016)
- Tarana Nigam, Vellore Institute of Technology (India), (Summer internship, 2015)
- Alexis Danjou, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 2, 2014-2015)
- Geoffrey Stuart-Lopez, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 1, 2014)
- Sandrine Lacroix, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 2, 2013-2014)
- Laetitia Marcadet, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 2, 2012-2013)
- Simon Denadai, Aix-Marseille Université ( Master 1, 2012, Master 2, 2012-2013)
- Agnès Tessier, Ecole Polytech, Nice (L3, summer internship, 2012)
- Marie Lebossé, Aix-Marseille Université (Master 2, 2006, PhD, 2006-2011)
- Nicolas Denans, Summer student (L3), 2005
- Esra Karaca, Diploma student Aix-Marseille Université, 2005
- Anastasia Seferiadis, Master student Aix-Marseille Université, M2 2005
- Magali Macchi, Post-doc / ATER Aix-Marseille Université (2015-2016)
- Angela Zimmermann, Post-doc (2011-2015) (FSH Society Fellowship)
- Filippo Conti, Post-doc, shared with Maina Lab (2010)
- Carine Jiguet-Jiglaire, Post-doc (2007-2009)
- Balazs Herberth, Post-doc (2007-2009)
- Nathalie Caruso, Technician, 2005-2015, Current position: Graba Team (IBDM)
- Krisztina Minko, Research Engineer, 2009
- Kristel Raffaeli, technician 2008-2009
- Julien Astier, Technical assistant Aix-Marseille Université, 2006-2008
- Delphine Palet, Technician, 2006